Annual Hunter Education Instructor Training & Meeting will be held April 22nd – 24th, 2022.
YMCA Camp Cullen
460 Cullen Loop
Trinity, TX 75862
The 2022 Hunter Education Conference will be held at Camp Cullen approximately 1 hour 45 minutes North of Houston, TX. The camp grounds are spacious and beautiful and will provide for a great conference location.
Deadline to R.S.V.P. is Friday April 1st by 5:00pm
**MUST reply to Heidi.Rao@tpwd.texas.gov to confirm your attendance
*** After the 5:00pm April 1st deadline Heidi will reach out to only those who have confirmed their attendance with her, to continue providing details for the conference weekend.
Heidi must turn in exact numbers to the Camp staff of ALL participants (and guests), as well as exact numbers to the kitchen staff so they can purchase and plan meals… immediately following our 5:00pm April 1st deadline.
EVERYONE attending, please reply to Heidi and let her know your answers by
FILLING IN THE APPROPRIATE BOXES
in the table below…
- Which days and nights will you join us?
- Will you be staying onsite at Camp Cullen with us?
- Will you be staying somewhere else, OFFSITE?
- Are you just coming and going = no lodging required?
- Are you bringing a GUEST or GUESTS (how many?) and will they need lodging?
- Which meals will you join us?
- Do you have any dietary needs or food allergies?
- Are you bringing a GUEST or GUESTS (how many?) and which meals will they join us?
- Will you attend the Student Air Rifle training on Friday from 9am – 4pm?
- Yes or No
If you are interested in becoming a Basic Air Rifle Instructor (BARI) – please add “yes” or “no” to the graph below, so we can plan accordingly for supplies and materials.
- COST: FREE
(SAR “looks” just like NASP (National Archery in the Schools Program) – same range set up and whistle commands – but using air rifles instead of archery equipment)
** For more information about the Student Air Rifle (SAR) program, visit:
|Fri – D||Sat – B||Sat – L||Sat – D||Sun – B||Fri nite||Sat nite||OFFSITE||NOT STAYING||Dietary Needs||Will you attend SAR training Friday April 22nd from 9-4 Yes or No|
- If you have already RSVP’d with Heidi, your conference registration (to include meals and lodging) is COVERED
(no need to pay up front and request a reimbursement!!!) – YAY!!
There are only a few more spots available to have your conference fees covered up front…
So, please confirm your registration with Heidi if you are interested and able to attend
no later than 5:00pm on Friday April 1st
~~~ PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT CAMP CULLEN
***Once these spots are filled – no worries – you are still highly encouraged to attend the conference, but
- If you register with Heidi AFTER 5:00pm on April 1st, you will have to pay your own conference fee (meals and lodging) through a LINK that she will provide to you.
- You will be able to request reimbursement after the event by filling out a PIN form that she will send to you (then, you will be asked to complete the PIN form, scan, and email it back to Heidi so TPWD can reimburse your conference fees (up to $149) after the event – reimbursement should follow in approx. 30 days).
Your lodging (2 nights: Friday/Saturday) and all meals (5 meals: Friday dinner/Saturday B, L, D/Sunday breakfast) will be covered as long as you confirm your participation to Heidi by the established
Deadline of Friday April 1st 5:00pm
Do not hesitate to reach out to Heidi.Rao@tpwd.texas.gov if you have any conference-related questions or comments…
Looking forward to seeing ALL of you in April!
UPDATED 03/25/2022 – Download the DRAFT Conference Agenda – HERE
Google Map to YMCA Camp Cullen – HERE
Download 2022 Conference Map of Camp Cullen – HERE
Camp Cullen website with interactive campus map – HERE
Download THEIA ByLaws 2015 – HERE