Nominees for the 2018 Elections
To Vote click the button
My name is Lindsay Hodgdon
I am a currently President of Texas Hunter Education Instructors Association (THEIA).
I am an active TPWD Hunter Education Instructor.
It is my vision to continue the long traditions and support of helping the Hunter Education Volunteer Instructors and Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Hunter Education program. Anyone who might wish to contact me please reach out to me through the form below with any and all questions, concerns or suggestions.
I come from a long history of hunting, fishing and consider myself a general outdoorsman. All though my wife who is an active Volunteer Hunter Education Instructor generally out hunts and out fishes me I can assure you as a family we are committed to serving the Volunteer Instructors of the state of Texas and I am proud to represent all Texas Hunter Education Instructors as President of THEIA.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
- Lifetime member of THEIA
- TPWD Hunter Education Instructor
- Lifetime member of the National Rifle Association (NRA)
- National Rifle Association (NRA) Instructor in ALL disciplines
- National Rifle Association (NRA) Training Counselor in ALL disciplines
- National Rifle Association (NRA) Coach Level II, Shotgun, Pistol
- National Rifle Association (NRA) Practical Pistol Coach
- Member Dallas Arms Collectors Association
- Director of Education for Dallas Arms Collectors Association (DACA)
- Co-Founder of Texas Training Crew
- Director for The Academy at Dogwood Hills
- President of Texas Hunter Education Instructor Association (THEIA)
- Bachelor of Science Degree Texas A&M
Debbie Orton Ferrell
My name is Debbie Ferrell.
Earlier this year, I attended a TPWD Hunter Education class with my son Cody. As a parent, I feel if a child is going to take Hunter Education, that at least one parent should attend with their child, that it is important that parents fully understand what their children are being taught when it comes to firearms and hunting safety. At the completion of the class, I was invited to obtain my own certification to become a Hunter Education volunteer instructor. I accepted the invitation and earned my certification. It is a way in which I can pay forward to today’s generations, the time and effort that my scouting and 4-H leaders so generously gave to me.
I grew up in a family of hunters, and spent my years growing up hunting, fishing, and camping with my parents and assorted aunts and uncles. Those individuals made sure that they passed on the heritage, tradition, and importance of hunting, fishing, and all things outdoors to my younger brother and myself.
I am honored to have been given the opportunity to continue the legacy that was given to me, and to be given the opportunity to continue to pass the heritage and traditions that I was taught on to the next generations. And through those next generations to ascertain the heritage and traditions continue for many generations yet to come.
The opportunity to serve as secretary is a chance to provide the support network necessary to help others that feel the same way I do about passing on heritage and tradition.
I look forward to the opportunity to help others.
- TPWD Volunteer Hunter Education Instructor
- National Rifle Association (NRA) Basic Pistol Instructor
- AHA Heartsaver Instructor
- AHA BLS (Basic Life Support Instructor
- Member Texas Training Crew
- Bachelor of Arts & Sciences, Organization Leadership – Texas A&M-Commerce
- Volunteer Firefighter, 2012-2014, Ogburn VFD